Monday, June 11, 2007

7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners

The 7.5 Habits are:

1. Begin with the end in mind
2. Accept responsibility for your own learning
3. View problems as challenges
4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner
5. Create your own learning toolbox
6. Use technology to your advantage
7. Teach/mentor others
7 1/2. Play!

The hardest habit for me is to "begin with the end in mind." I don't always have a specific goal in mind when I want to learn something and this makes me think I might not be learning as effectively as I could be. If I had a specific goal, I could work towards a more meaningful end.

The easiest habit for me to follow is to accept responsibility for my own learning. If I want to learn something new, I just try to play with it. MS Publisher is a perfect example for me, when I wanted to create a brochure, I asked a co-worker what program she used and then I just started playing around with the program. Trial and error works best for me!

No comments: